Recording steady growth in recent years, Myanmar’s retail sector has been buoyed by economic liberalization and regulatory reform encouraging investment and expansion. Moreover, its outlook is incredibly promising, judging by rapid consumer market growth.
- Growing middle class boosting household spending in retail
- Changing consumer behavior: growing popularity of foreign products
- Economic liberalization leading to trade and investment growth
- Traditional trade still the most popular among local consumers.
- Modern trade beginning to replace traditional trade in Tier 1 cities.
- Online shopping is a new but fast-growing business with lots of potential.